Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting Started

One full week out of school already, where does the time go? I have applied (sent resumés) to many many places the last 3 weeks. While waiting for replies and continuing my job search I've been keeping busy around the house getting projects done in preparation to sell. 

I keep thinking that if I don't keep up with what I've learned the last 3 years in school that I'll start to forget it, but I suppose that's just the irrational mentality of not finding work in the industry right away. I have many, many ideas to incorporate into my website still that will keep me busy. I also really want to get out and do some photo-shoots, but I'm so tired of just being in the middle of rock and trees ( I live in semi-northern Ontario), I want to get into a town and do some gritty, urban photography, or an old, abandoned settlement someplace. 

My ideal position right now would be to work Freelance gigs. In a little different position than the rest of my class-mates, I've already worked for 20 years for other people and I'm definitely ready to get my wings spread and move on my own business. 

Well that's all for now, I know it's not a major posting but I didn't want to get out of the habit of posting at least once a week... be patient, I'll start posting more design related posts soon :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment