Monday, May 16, 2011

First Day

So today was the first day at my new job, wait, did I mention I found gainful employment? I may not have. Well I did, I'm now part of the official working-class-citizens club and honorable-tax-payer's association. I was hired on at a sign-shop/printing business as their lead, or senior, or only graphic designer as it were. Which is great for job security I dare say. I will be responsible for translating clients ideas into workable designs for print. My boss (who I shall call Alphonse to avoid privacy issues) has a full-time job elsewhere, so not only have I been hired on as the lead-graphic designer but I am also: phone service, email respondent, sales representative, and any other title I can think of to give myself, while I hold down the shop during the day. It should provide for some much needed experience while putting to use my newly acquired skills from school.



                       

These are two close-up screenshots of a logo I'm working on for "Alphonse" my new boss. I purposely made them close up shots so that I was keeping it as much under-wraps as I can, but still show you what I'm up too. I haven't signed any "non-disclosure" agreements and I don't really expect to be given one there, but still it is for my boss and not my own freelance projects which I'll have no problems showing you here as it will be in my contracts with my freelance clients... well that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment