Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sad Days

It is a sad day as I blog today. My wife and I had to transition a baby we had been fostering and planning to adopt to one of his family members who decided they would adopt. It is very heart-wrenching for us as there is no legal way yet that we have found to be able to prevent this. We poured ourselves into his life for the last 11 months, nurturing and loving him only to lose him to a great aunt of 51 years old. Anyway, not a lot to say about this right now, other than I intend to fight this, I have already contacted the Premier of Ontario, the Minister of Child and Youth Services as well as my local MP. I will get to the bottom of why the laws are the way they are and do not seem to take into consideration the best interest of the child... I will keep you updated on what I learn and any developments... until then, here is a picture of our little guy, already miss him so badly...

1 comment: