Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week 2

Well here I am, week 2 of my placement well underway. This is a really good experience for all of us in this course I'm sure. Hard to believe that my college had never had a placement portion in the course before. It took our current coordinator about 5 years to get it into place. There are quite a few options for placements within Sudbury so it's not like any of us should have had any trouble getting a placement. 


I'm working at Creative Odyssey in Sudbury, Ontario. If you get a chance you should check out their website, they do some nice work and I'm learning a lot about different processes that we touched on in our courses but not in-depth (www.creativeodyssey.com). Unfortunately I can't post any of the jobs I've been working on because of a non-disclosure agreement I had to sign, but trust me it's fun stuff, and after all I did get into this career because I enjoy it and it is a lot of fun. I don't think that many people actually get to work at something they really enjoy, so if you do have a job that you love, count yourself very very lucky.


If you are stuck in a job that is not something you enjoy, or isn't creative, I highly recommend finding a hobby that allows you to be creative. Whether that means scrap-booking (which is very popular these days) or photography (another popular pastime), just find something that you think you’ll enjoy and go out there, be creative and have fun. I leave you with a piece I did for my Advanced Design Applications, this was for a film festival and I utilized the International Type Style of Josef Müller-Brockmann. It seems that converting it to a JPEG has dulled the colour a bit, but it still works. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment