Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It is done...

Well, that's it, it's out of my hands now and into the infamous hands of our Canadian Government...
What is he talking about you ask? I am talking about the mystical force we call Employment Insurance. We all apply when we need it and then wait anxiously for the letter in the mail letting us know if we qualify or not.
The process itself these days is akin to writing a personal thesis for a PHD.
The loopholes that are required to jump through in order to qualify would make any circus acrobat dizzy. But, who am I to complain, I need it right?
Unfortunately I am not a lotto 6/49 winner, nor am I independently wealthy, so in my pursuit of higher learning in College to achieve gainful employment as a Graphic Designer I must undergo these challenges in herculean fashion. Meanwhile the days tick by and the bank account gets ever closer to overdraft territory.
The number of people applying for EI these days is beginning to outnumber the population of some of the smaller countries in the World. In fact I'm sure we as a Country could employ at least half of these people to work in the Services Canada sector and help speed up the processes for those of us patiently waiting for our letters in the mail. While we are at it, we should petition Bell Canada to hire the other half of us on EI to work as Service people and eliminate the idiotic "Emily" system they have employed for the last few years... anyway, that's my 2-cents worth on the subject. I'm going to stop typing now and cross my fingers for the next couple of weeks, here's hoping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment