Friday, February 26, 2010

School

School, in a word - rough. Don't take this the wrong way, or think that I'm complaining, because that is not my intent. School can be hard, as I said before I'm in the second semester of my second year of Graphic Design at Cambrian College and it is a difficult year. Which is bitter sweet because I am doing what I think is my hardest... but possibly not my best... work and sometimes the grades just aren't there to justify the time I put in. Which gets frustrating. 
I suppose if I was pulling off 80's and 90's in everything than maybe the course wouldn't be challenging enough, but since lately I've been in the mid 70's I'll say that it is definitely a challenging course. I love it though, I'm having the best time, I enjoy the rest of the students, the faculty is great and the environment is awesome... but I still can't wait to be done and released upon the world. Watch out, cause it's gonna happen :)

Here's a mock up of a webpage we had to design for a favorite book.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya Tim... i'm right there with ya. I put so much time into my work, being the perfectionist that i am. So when im low 70s or worse, it can be discouraging. But just remember that youre judged by designers and people who know this stuff more than regular human beings... in the real world most of the time the clients will love it.

    GREAT website. Really gives an experience more than a web page. Now to add some flash animation to the mix ;)

    ReplyDelete